Learning for Life: 9:30 am
JOIN our Worship Service: 11:00 am
Listen to the sermon: Joel Russell-MacLean
Watch the recent Worship Service
“Coming and Going”
The Fourth Sunday of Easter
Bulletin: April 30, 2023
Newsletter: April 16-30, 2023
Scriptures: Acts 2:42-47; 1 Peter 2:19-25, Psalm 23; John 14
- Introit: Come, People of the Risen King (Townend YouTube; lyrics)
- Wonderful Grace of Jesus (lyrics & melody, Makuilongdi Khuan, Ra Mataniolo)
- What a Beautiful Name it Is (Hillsong; with choir; lyrics)
- He Lives (lyrics & melody, video, c&w, background, meditation)
- Hymn for Departing: The Passion (lyrics, video)
Christ is risen!
He is risen indeed!
In the liturgical calendar, Easter is not limited to a single day. As our children learn in Godly Play, “Easter is the time we celebrate the mystery that Jesus died and that God made him alive again.” Easter has such significance, that the Easter season covers 7 Sundays each year, taking us to Pentecost Sunday.
Christ is life: Christ is your life
Today is a day to continue our celebration of Jesus, who is alive and gives life to all. Jesus became the visible sign that the Triune God was redeeming the world. The one who gives life to everything addressed sin and death and invited human beings and all creation into his presence. God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit came to live among us and within us. This gives our lives new purpose and direction: we are on a journey into God’s presence.