Learning for Life: 9:30 am
JOIN our Worship Service: 11:00 am
Listen to the sermon: Joel Russell-MacLean
Watch the recent Worship Service
The Third Sunday of Easter
Bulletin: April 23, 2023
Newsletter: April 16-30, 2023
Scriptures: 1 Peter 1:17-23, Psalm 116, Luke 24:13-35
- Introit: Come, People of the Risen King (Townend YouTube; lyrics)
- Worship Christ the Risen King (with lyrics)
- Jesus Lives and So Shall I (alternative, traditional, meditation)
- Yet Not I, But Through Christ in Me (with lyrics)
- Hymn for Departing: The Passion (lyrics, video)
Christ is risen!
He is risen indeed!
In the liturgical calendar, Easter is not limited to a single day. As our children learn in Godly Play, “Easter is the time we celebrate the mystery that Jesus died and that God made him alive again.” Easter has such significance, that the Easter season covers 7 Sundays each year, taking us to Pentecost Sunday.
Christ is life: Christ is your life!
Today is a day to continue our celebration of Jesus, who is alive and gives life to all. It is also a day to acknowledge that the journey of faith can come with questions and doubts. I urge you to consider your own doubts and bring them to Jesus, just as Thomas did, to find that it is in Jesus that our life is found, whether or not all of our questions get answered.