Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce. – Proverbs 3:9
The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. – 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
…so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. – Matthew 6:4
Giving is an Act of Worship
We want to contribute cheerfully, generously and regularly. Gifts will support ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
May our giving not end with the money, but may we also volunteer our talents and time, as we use the gifts God has given each of us for the common good.
What should I give?
- Tithing and Giving Guidelines
Give with Confidence
- Check out how money is used by FBC for good work and to make a difference in people’s lives. Click on the choices under the “Give” menu at the top of the page.
- FBC Regina’s financial management records are dependable and follow standard accounting procedures. Our financial records are audited yearly by an outside agency. We comply with Canadian Revenue Agency requirements. A Treasurer, elected by the congregation supervises the church’s finances and reviews the work of our external bookkeeper. The Board of Directors regularly receives and reviews financial reports. A copy of the Annual Report is available from the Treasurer. Please contact the church office at 359-1450 or by email .
How to Give
- Donate instantly using a credit or debit card.
- Place your gifts in an offering basket during any worship service or mail to the FBC Regina Church Office. Offering envelopes are in the holder in the back of all pews. Or contact the church office for a year’s supply of envelopes.
- Establish a Pre-authorized Remittance (PAR) Plan. This will automatically transfer funds from your account into the FBC Regina account on a regular basis. Using PAR, your offering ensures regular monthly givings to help our church’s ministry even when you are away. You will be providing a dependable flow of contributions, which increases the church’s overall financial stability.
- Make an online donation …
- Use Interac e-Transfer to donate from your phone or computer to (no fee or cost to the church… please DO NOT send it to the main email address)
- Use a credit card with a PayPal account via the PayPal Giving Fund (no fee or cost to the church… 100% of your donation reaches us and contributes to our mission)
- Use a credit card or PayPal via CanadaHelps (a fee of 3.5% is deducted from the donation)
- Use a credit or debit card via FBC ChurchTrac (the church is charged a fee of approximately 3% for each donation)
- Donate securities, stocks or mutual funds . Please contact the Treasurer to make arrangements.
- Make an end-of-life legacy gift. Donate cash, property, assets or stocks. In many cases there are substantial tax benefits when including a charity in your Last Will & Testament. It’s a good way to store up treasure in heaven, while also maximizing the resources entrusted to us while on the earth. Please contact the Treasurer for further details.
- Money, Possessions, and Eternity, by Randy Alcorn
- The Treasure Principle, by Randy Alcorn
- Crown Financial Ministries, Compass/Financial Discipleship Canada
- Desiring God (Chapter 5: “Money: The Currency of Christian Hedonism”), by John Piper