Called To Serve the Nations
Christ calls us to serve and support those who serve in far off regions. Among these scriptures are the following:
- Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. – Matthew 20:28
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28: 18-20
- They were completely amazed. “How can this be?” they exclaimed. “These people are all from Galilee, and yet we hear them speaking in our own native languages … about the wonderful things God has done! – Acts 2:7-12
- It was good of you to share in my troubles…You sent me aid again and again when I was in need…Your gifts are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. – Paul to the Church in Philippi, Philippians 4:14-19
Individuals continue to support global missions and provide aid in response to need and opportunity. Our involvements include child sponsorship, letter-writing, sacrificial giving, volunteering for overseas projects, etc. The Lord sees what is done in the closets of our hearts.
We support our extended community with finances, talent, and leadership.
- Immigrant sponsorship.
- Disaster relief through Canadian Baptist Ministries
- Human Rights initiatives through Canadian Baptist Ministries
- Canadian Food Grains Bank
FBC Lebanon Partnership 2021-2023
First Baptist Church Regina has extended our initial three-year mission partnership (2018-2020) for another three years (now 2021-2023). This is through Canadian Baptist Ministries, with the Lebanese Society for Education and Social Development (LSESD). Here are the recent activities and our commitment to the partnership.