Christ Calls Us To Serve
Scripture encourages us to show our love for Christ in practical ways. Among these scriptures are the following:
- Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. – Matthew 20:28
- Serve one another in love. – Galatians 5:13.
- Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. – I Peter 4:10.
FBC Regina continues to support and serve our community with finances, talent, time, sweat and leadership.
- Youth for Christ ministry among young people in the Regina area.
- Assistance to 100+ Burmese refugees who came to Regina and area. This includes friendship, clothes, furniture and encouragement.
- Assistance to other refugees who arrive in Regina.
- Regina Rescue Mission.
- Katepwa Lake Camp and Urban Adventure Camp.
- Tutoring students new to Canada.
Of course we serve individually as well. Most “impact” work doesn’t make it into the Annual Report. The shared loaf of bread for a stranger, the prison visit, the arm around the shoulder of a person in pain, the cup of cold water, the shared celebration of accomplishments. We appreciate the many opportunities to be salt and light to friends and neighbours.
As an example, our church provides ongoing assistance to homeless and needy individuals through our benevolent fund.
Missions Innovation Grant (MIG)
Recently a member of our congregation provided a generous matching financial grant as an incentive for ministry. The money was raised for outreach, ministries and service beyond our own church body. This was a major accomplishment of important work for the kingdom of God. Many gave (and continue to give) of themselves and their resources in this wonderful endeavour. It certainly changed us all for the better. Some of the local projects (city and provincial) include:
- Brown bag luncheon for underprivileged children.
- Talking Bible Project for people with diminished literacy skills.
- Morning Star Ministries/Christian Academy to develop inner city educational resources.
- Qu’Appelle Valley Plowshare Project.
- Housing for the Cognitively Disabled.