Learning for Life: 9:30
JOIN our Worship Service: 11:00 am
Listen to the sermon: Kayely Rich
Watch the recent Worship Service
“Peace in Uncertainty”
Bulletin: November 27, 2022
Newsletter: November 27 – December 4, 2022
Scriptures: Isaiah 2:1-5; Psalm 122; Matthew 24:36-44
- NEW Introit: Come and Worship – Bebo Norman (video)
- Sing We Now of Christmas (lyrics, melody, video, contemporary, kids, background & commentary)
- Adore (lyrics, Chris Tomlin Video)
- Of the Father’s Love Begotten (lyrics and choir, background)
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel (story & devotional, contemporary, choir, 2, instrumental, Piano Guys, Nativity Story, meditation)
As we enter the season of advent, we are invited into a rich season that helps form us to be people who anticipate our God coming into our world. We remember that Jesus came as a babe into humble earthly circumstances. We anticipate Christ’s return when we will experience Emmanuel, God with us, in a whole new way. And we are reminded to be on the lookout for signs of God’s Kingdom breaking through into our broken world today.
As we remember that our God is one who comes into our world, this shapes our worldview. Our Lord loves us and longs to come to us. In the midst of uncertainty in life, we can count on God’s promises. Isaiah prophesies a time of peace is coming – a time when people will turn their weapons into farm tools. What a glorious image! As we consider this future peace, we will also look at what it means to journey towards peace today.