Learning for Life: resumes January 8th
JOIN our Worship Service: 11:00 am
Listen to the sermon: Cheryl Johnston
Watch the recent Worship Service
Bulletin: Bulletin January 1, 2023
Newsletter: December 25 2022 – January 1 2023
Scriptures: Isaiah 60:1-6; Psalm 72:1-7, 10-14; Ephesians 3:1-12; Matthew 2 :1-12.
- O Come All Ye Faithful (Chris Tomlin; Choir/Lyrics)
- As With Gladness Men of Old (lyrics & melody, 2, video, w lyrics, history, 2, meditation)
- The First Noel (lyrics & melody, acapella, video, bells, contemporary, background, meditation)
- We Three Kings (lyrics, melody & background, choir, jazz on ice, for kids, 2, a cappella, contemporary, c&w, artful, background, meditation)
- Joy To the World (lyrics, melody, author, background, video, choir, contemporary, dance, meditation)
is the time when we celebrate that Jesus’ birth was not just for the Jewish people but for all people of the world. This is remembered through the magi who followed a star to meet Jesus: God’s son, the long-promised Saviour who had finally come. There is a promise throughout scripture that if we seek, we will find. When we find our Saviour, we will worship him and rejoice just as the magi did long ago when they met the Christ child.
Epiphany by Malcolm Guite
It might have been just someone else’s story,
Some chosen people get a special king.
We leave them to their own peculiar glory,
We don’t belong, it doesn’t mean a thing.
But when these three arrive they bring us with them,
Gentiles like us, their wisdom might be ours;
A steady step that finds an inner rhythm,
A pilgrim’s eye that sees beyond the stars.
They did not know his name but still they sought him,
They came from otherwhere but still they found;
In temples they found those who sold and bought him,
But in the filthy stable, hallowed ground.
Their courage gives our questing hearts a voice
To seek, to find, to worship, to rejoice.