Good Friday Service
- 9:30 am. Joint Choir Rehearsal, Westhill Park Church.
- 10:30 am. Joint service involving First Baptist, Argyle Road Baptist and Westhill Park Baptist churches.
This service takes place at Westhill Park Baptist Church, 8025 Sherwood Drive.
What is Good Friday?
The church has always understood that the day commemorated on Good Friday was anything but happy. Sadness, mourning, fasting, and prayer have been its focus since the early centuries. Early Christians called Good Friday a “day of mourning, not a day of festive Joy.” Many Christian churches celebrate Good Friday with a subdued service, in which Christ’s death is remembered with solemn hymns, prayers of thanksgiving, a message centered on Christ suffering for our sakes.
Want to learn more?
- What’s So Good About Good Friday? – Today’s Christian Woman
- What’s So Good About Good Friday? – Christianity.com
- Jesus’ death on the cross (crucifixion), his burial and his resurrection (raising from the dead), are found in the following Scriptures: Matthew 27:27-28:8; Mark 15:16-16:19; Luke 23:26-24:35; and John 19:16-20:30.