An Introduction to the Christian Faith
- A Learning For Life Class
- Sundays, 9:30 am. – 10:30 am., fall 2018
- Teacher: Ron Phillips
When it comes to Christianity, do you feel that everyone knows more than you do? Are you embarrassed by your lack of knowledge? Do you hesitate to speak up because you’re afraid of looking stupid? Do you have lots of questions, but are afraid to ask? You are not alone! This class can help!
Ron Phillips, the teacher of this class, grew up in a non-Christian home and started his Christian journey in exactly that place – way behind everybody else. Not sure he really fit. With so much to learn. He understands.
This class is designed to cover the basics of Christianity in a clear, simple fashion. It’s ideal for those with little background, for those just starting out, and for those just beginning to look at the Christian faith. And for those who feel they should know more. You don’t even have to be a Christian to benefit. Everyone and every question is welcome. So get brave and come on out!
- September 16: Worldviews, passions, actions – we all have them.
- September 23: Who or What is a Christian?
- September 30: Jesus – the heart of the Christian Faith
- October 7: No class due to Thanksgiving Weekend
- October 14: The Church – What was God Thinking?!
- October 21: The Bible – It’s awfully big
- October 28: The Christian Life – What would it mean to live ‘Christianly’?