Church Life Report – Open Sessions
Informal discussions were held April 29 and May 6, 2018 to hear or share observations, ideas, concerns, or questions about the report, and to consider a plan of action. These open sessions were held after morning worship in the library. The February 27 report is available here. Contact the pastors and the diaconate for implementation updates.
Opportunities, Shared Focus
In the early part of 2018 we called in Sam Breakey to help us understand where we are now and the opportunities ahead so that we can develop a shared focus as a church.
Southwest Community Church’s experience caught our attention. This is what we were hoping for:
“The real power of this process is when congregations listen together to what the Lord is saying to their church, about their past, present and future. Sam is just one facilitator of Christ revitalizing the church.”
Resources used for Preparating Ourselves:
- Southwest Church Comments
- Comments from other churches who have been through this process
- CBWC Healthy Church Engagement Strategy
How did this work?
- We conducted the survey January 14-21, 2018. It was only available for that ONE WEEK!
- The survey was available in a variety of formats, including online. We encouraged everyone over the age of 13 to take part!
- Sam travelled to Regina to lead a town hall meeting on February 9, 2018. He was accompanied by Mark Doerksen, our area minister.
- A report was delivered February 27, 2018
- Open sessions to discuss the report and implementation of the report were held April 29 and May 6, 2018.
Sam Breakey has been a CBWC pastor, an Area Minister, and the director of The Mustard Seed. Sam returned to the CBWC and currently helps churches with ministry review and renewal.
Read an article on Sam Breakey’s work.