If you are 55 years and older, this enthusiastic group is for YOU!
Anticipation • Celebration • Humor • Inspiration • Enlightenment • Vibrancy • Excitement • Reconnection • Spirituality
Thursday, November 23, 2017, 11:45-1:15. Mark your calendars now!
(We meet every 4th Thursday, September – April, except December)
- Cost: $11.00
- Menu: A tantalizing meal provided by FBC’s famous chef Dean Gilchrist. Turkey, mashed potatoes, vegetables, salads, buns, dessert, and beverage.
- What: The luncheon begins with a warm welcome, announcements, humor, a devotional, and prayer of the meal.
- Who: This luncheon is open to both church communities and the community at large.
- Bonus: Christmas carol singing and special music with guest Roberta Nichol
This is my story!
Jennifer Holtslander is a dearly beloved daughter of a gracious God. For paying work, she gets to use her skilled listening ear to provide Spiritual Care, Companioning and Coaching for life, end of life and grief through her private organization. The rest of her days are (sometimes happily) divided between learning to run, practicing music with her kids Adoniram and Angeline, and joining her husband Reade for conversations about life and faith, household tasks and how best to train their new puppy. She considers herself grateful to be connected with the First Baptist Regina church family and looks forward to sharing her story with the Achievers in November.
The theme “What’s My Story?” will give Jennifer the opportunity to share from her own experiences and to trace the hand of the Divine at work in the midst of a story that has been filled with grace, with complications, and with an ever deepening process of healing.
PLEASE RSVP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
Many of these presentations can be viewed and heard on the Folks at First website page. Carolyn Ward, Kevin Rich, John Hillmer, Barry Lyons, Ivy Scobie, Irene Sotropa, Timothy Long, Ron Philips, John Nelson, Rod Donnison, and many others.
Upcoming Guest speakers
- January 25, 2018 – Dennis D. Henriksen
- February 22, 2018 – Joel Russell-MacLean
- March 22, 2018 – Jennifer Holtslander
- April 26, 2018 – Tim Coleman.