If you are 55 years and older, this enthusiastic group is for YOU!
Anticipation • Celebration • Humor • Inspiration • Enlightenment • Vibrancy • Excitement • Reconnection • Spirituality
Thursday, September 26, 2018, 11:45-1:15. Mark your calendars now!
(We meet every 4th Thursday, September – April, except December)
- Cost: $10.00
- Menu: A tantalizing meal provided by FBC’s famous chef Dean Gilchrist. Meal will be chicken, vegetables, salad, bun, dessert, and beverage.
- What: The luncheon begins with a warm welcome, announcements, humor, a devotional, and prayer of the meal.
- Who: This luncheon is open to both church communities and the community at large.
This is my Story!
David Kaiser is a native of Iowa. He came to Canada to study at the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Saskatoon, SK in 1961. After receiving his MDiv degree, David served as pastor of two mission congregations in Dauphin MB and Terrace B.C. Having become involved with a TV ministry, he then was called to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada as a media consultant. Following this he became the chaplain and Christian ethics teacher at Lutheran Collegiate Bible Institute in Outlook SK. After eleven years in this position, David came to Reginaas Chaplain of Luther College, U.of R. campus. He remained in that position for twelve years. While there he received his MA in Religious Studies. He also taught several classes at the University. An opportunity came for David to volunteer as Christian Education teacher at the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Hong Kong. He held this post for four years.
David’s interests include puppetry, poetry and preaching. Retired, he still preaches several times each month often bringing along one of his “friends”. He has published three books of poetry and three books of dialogue sermons. He also likes building with LEGO.
Many of these presentations can be viewed and heard on the Folks at First website page. Carolyn Ward, Kevin Rich, John Hillmer, Barry Lyons, Ivy Scobie, Irene Sotropa, Timothy Long, Ron Philips, John Nelson, Rod Donnison, and many others.
Upcoming Guest speakers
- October 25: Alicyn Miller
- November 22: Henry Friesen
- January 24: Dianne Campeau
- February 28: Marilyn Braun-Pollon
- March 28: Merv Tippe
- April 25: John Robinson
- May 23: Reade Holtslander